Friday, June 13, 2008

Winds of Change

If you're reading this, it is a fair guess that you first stumbled upon the Library's web address at a recent series of columns I wrote for a free magazine. So it may make sense to focus my scribblings on career advise, for indeed, that was the topic of my monthly column.

Alas, I have had to cancel my column and so I am now in a dilemma as to what should I focus my writing on.

At one hand, I have had fairly positive responses to my columns and to my previous writings on the same subject when it appeared at a national newspaper in 2005. On the other hand, I feel that I am keen to share some thoughts about one or two other things as well.

And so I will now also start writing about life as Indonesian in these times. My objective is to take the mantle of the mission of Walter Bagehot when he set up The Economist " to take part in a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress"

And so my writings will probably be focusing on politics, and leadership in politics in Indonesian, on the Economy and dare I say on business.

I hope to hear direct feedback from you as reader soon.

No comments: